Friday 26 February 2010

Haunted House Story....


The following account was sent in to group members recently:

"Me and my finacee moved into our home in Shropshire in mid-06.

3 weeks after we moved in I was out and my partner was asleep. She woke and there was a figure sat next to her on the bed, wearing a navy uniform, including hat with medals all over his chest. She fell back to sleep and woke again twice seeing a dark figure bending over her.

3 weeks later during the day, I took a nap. As I was falling asleep, I was thinking I should have shut the bedroom door because the sun was shining through the landing window and bothering me. After an hour or so of being asleep, I became aware of fast whispers in my ear and, as I came round, a dark shape was leaning over me and it cut out the sun light; as I quickly sat up, it disappeared. A few weeks later, I was in the kitchen and I heard footsteps running down the stairs - and saw someone, out of the corner of my eye, run into the living room. Assuming it was my partner, I started talking to her and walked into the living room, but she wasn't there. I called out to her and she was upstairs in the bathroom...... she'd been there the whole time.

On the 1st of October, during the night, my partner saw a dark figure of a man pointing out to the window. She has also heard footsteps in the attic. When we unpacked, She had discovered one of her necklaces was missing and she knew she'd put it in one of her bags which were in the nursery room in a box. She looked everywhere for them, but.... no luck.

3 weeks ago, I was in the attic and found the necklace in some rolled up carpet which had been in the loft before we'd moved in!! My partner had never been in the loft, so it's a mystery how it got there. She has also heard bangs downstairs and heard footsteps above the kitchen (in the bathroom) and dining room (in the bedroom). We have been told there was a sanitarium behind our house sometime ago and our house was built in the 1930's......"

All the best,

The W.M.G.C.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like it has all the hallmarks of a classic haunting, and not a residual type thing either if it's nicking stuff.