Saturday 15 January 2011

Further Hopwas Weirdness!!!!

Unrelated to recent W.M.G.C. dealings with the area - but strange all the same - is an article which recently appeared in the Tamworth Herald newspaper, concerning a sighting of an Alien big Cat in the area of Hopwas Wood.

The region concerned has already been getting something of a name for itself (in the 'bizarre' department) over recent weeks - a reputation that the following piece will do little to dispel!! Laugh!!!

September 18th 2010:

"Driver shocked by the size of cat that crosses his path

Another sighting of a big cat has been reported in Tamworth – but this time not fitting the description of the black leopard seen most frequently.

A Whittington man has reported a golden-coloured cat running across the road from Hopwas Wood.

David Cooke (27) said he was approaching Hopwas at around 6.30am on Monday, September 6 when the animal ran across the road in front of his car.

He told the Herald: "Just as I was entering Hopwas about halfway down the slope, I saw a big cat run out in front of my car from the wood on the left and into to less dense woodland on the right.

"It was only in sight for about two or three seconds but I got a really good look at it. It was quite clear in my headlights.

"I was around 15 metres away and I'm convinced it was a big cat. It ran like a cat, not like a dog or a fox."

He added: "It was like a cougar. I'm 6ft 2in and I think it would have been around knee-height on me, but powerfully built. It had a long tail, about three feet in length.

"It was an orangey-golden colour, similar colouring to an American mountain lion.

"There was one car behind me and one coming in the opposite direction – I'm sure the car coming in the opposite direction must have seen it too."

All the best,

The West Mids Ghost Club

No comments: