Tuesday 30 July 2019


Tuesday July 30th 2019

I'm sure that we've possibly mentioned the site 'White Ladies Priory' on this page previously (?) and this happens to be the very first place that I ever attended an overnight investigation, some 30+ years ago now.... and have spent a number of such evenings in the years since too.   As many visitors to this page will know, the ruins concerned stand in East Shropshire, not far from the busy city of Wolverhampton.... and easily stand as one of the most well-known, allegedly haunted, sites in the Midlands region.  It could probably go without saying that the priory is EXTREMELY popular with 'ghost hunting groups' and the likes, and 'strange stories' concerning the place are myriad....

Yesterday, an old school-time acquaintance, Jayne Cartwright, kindly shared her own peculiar story with me concerning this site...... an incident that occurred in 2012:

"I was out with the family and my camera to photograph White Ladies Priory Ruins. The day was bright and at first we were the only ones there.

I have to admit that I was most annoyed when a family arrived and pitched a picnic right in the middle, ruining the shots I wanted to take. There were a few other people mingling around too, bit its big enough for none of them to have been close to get in the way of the shots I wanted on the outside of the structure.

My son had been intrigued by the fact that sunflowers had been placed in holes in the wall, obviously there had been come kind of celebration there the night before.

My body was still all over the place after a serious accident that I'd suffered, so I didn’t walk too fast, and after about 45 minutes John and Jax (sons) were ready to leave, so I had walked towards the little lane to leave. At this point my son ran up to say he had spotted another sunflower somewhere at the furthest point away from me through a little arch / doorway. He called to me to follow, so I said I would, meaning they were some distance in front of me, and none of the other visitors were in close proximity; in fact I was outside the walls and the 3 or 4 other visitors were inside the walls.

I turned to follow and was walking approximately past the main entrance to the inside walls when suddenly ‘somebody’ banged into me. I can still remember the bump / brush of a ‘person’ as they banged into me. It was so clear, it was a 'shoulder to shoulder' bang, similar to when you are in a crowded place and I knew - I just knew as soon as it happened - that I had experienced something I could not explain, and that I had encountered something that proved that there is more to the world than we can see.

Of course, my immediate words were: "Jax did I just bump into you?" He immediately saw my bemused look and started shooting my spare camera, that he was using, in my direction, in the hope of seeing something that I couldn’t. He was a good distance away from me, and there was nobody else that it could have been. He swears that there is an indentation on the grass next to me, I think this may be where the grass had been flattened. We will never know, but his photo, was taken literally in the seconds that followed my initial call out to them. Both he and John immediately knew that what had happened, there was no doubt.

I was never a doubter, I am a realist, and I guess I just needed to experience something to believe, and since that day, I have".

A massive 'Thank You' to Jayne for sharing her experience with us!! 

No comments: